Rasika Indian Food

It was Ruth's birthday, so she decided to go to an upscale Indian restaurant named Rasika to celebrate. The restaurant got excellent reviews, so I was excited to go. There was an overwhelming number of people on Yelp who raved about the Palak Chaat, so we decided to split that as an appetizer. Ruth then ordered the Tandoori Chicken Tika kabobs, and I ordered Gohbi Mattar which is a vegetarian dish consisting of Cauliflower, peas, and spices.
Gohbi Mattar (Cauliflower, peas, and spices) with fresh Naan bread
The Palak Chaat was incredible and lived up to the reviews. It was crispy spinach with a sweet yogurt, date chutney, and tamarind. The flavors worked together so well. I was scraping the bottom of the bowl! If you go here- you HAVE to order this. It sounds a little strange to mix spinach and yogurt, but Rasika perfected the recipe. Ruth's chicken kabobs were delicious (I stole a piece), and came with a mint chutney. My Gohbi Mattar was delectable, but extremely spicy. The waiter had to fill up my water glass every two minutes to keep up with me! The naan was fluffy and went well with the cauliflower.

Overall, Rasika was a great experience. The service was excellent, as was the ambiance and the food. Be warned- it is very expensive, so save this restaurant for a special night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment