The Latest Trend: Georgetown Cupcakes

Every few months a new food trend sweeps across the United States, such as tart frozen yogurt (seen at Pink Berry, Red Mango, and even Haagen Dazs) and cupcakes- the latest fad that has taken over D.C. Georgetown Cupcakes ($) takes the gold in D.C., as their mouth watering moist cupcakes with creamy frosting beat Baked and Wired and Hello Cupcake's selections.
Chocolate Cupcake with Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
Georgetown Cupcakes is a small bakery on M St. that stands out because of the permanent line of people that circles around the corner. I could probably eat one dozen of these cupcakes in one sitting, but for the sake of my figure I refrain. I am a fan of the classics, so the chocolate cupcake with vanilla butter cream frosting is my favorite. I also love the carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting, and I am dying to try the coconut cupcake or the lava fudge one. The bakery has specials for every day of the week, which you can find listed on their website, but this little shop should be designated a D.C. landmark because it is THAT good!

No comments:

Post a Comment