On-the-Go: Pret a Manger

The on-the-go British chain, Pret A Manger, just made it's way into the U.S. and happens to be right down the street from me in DC. Pret A Manger has breakfast and lunch items for people who are in the rush and want to grab something to eat quickly. Everything here is freshly made, and the staff is very friendly. Now for the food..surprisingly very tasty! I had a hard time choosing between the baguette sandwiches, the colorful salads, and the homemade smoothies Pret offers. I decided to get a Chicken, Walnut, Blue Cheese, Tomato, Dried Cranberry, and Apple Salad on top of Mixed Greens. For dinner later, I grabbed the Brie, Tomato, and Basil Baguette Sandwich.
Salad with Chicken, Tomatoes, Walnuts, Cranberries, Apples, and Blue Cheese
Brie, Basil, and Tomato Sandwich on Baguette
I want to go back to try the Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwich, the Honey Yogurt drink, or the Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Word on the street is that the coffee is superb in addition to their muffins and breakfast items. This place beats other on-the-go chains like Au Bon Pain and Cosi. The British know their stuff!

1 comment:

  1. My mom loves the egg salad, so I would recommend it! Jealous you went.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete